Sunday, February 21, 2010

Keith went to Brooklyn in December 2009

I always take a picture of the "scary BRUJA guy" in the mural near the pedway thing at O'hare airport when I am there



I visited Brooklyn to attend the first ever Brooklyn Comics and Graphics Festival
http://www.comicsandgraphicsfest.com/
I chatted briefly with my buddy Mat Brinkman, and I met Retard Riot, Ron Rege and Paquito Bolino
and many more! oh yeah, and I hung out with Chris Uphues and also Kristin Reger both formerly of Chicago....
here is Grammy award winner Dan Nadel of Picture Box Inc. enjoying some of my artbook zines (my zines are now available at pictureboxinc.com and also Desert Island in Brooklyn)
whoa! I was there to witness the panel discussion of Gary Panter, Peter Saul, and Dan Nadel:
dang! my former painting instructor (Peter Saul) didn't remember me, had I a few more minutes to talk to him, he might of...
I probably startled him...I gave him some of my zines too...
wow! I really dug being his student while at the University of Texas, uh....14 years ago, yipes!
probably a few things I can't remember from then too!

I stayed with my buddies Jen and Dave and got to play with their cat Bee and dog Talia
thank you!




No comments: